Thursday, May 8, 2008

New york performing arts 2008

I went to the NYPA center Wednesday it was hard to find because they had up walls and they were doing construction there. When I went inside of the place I thought it was very nice and quiet. There was a lot of security all over the building just like the library on Bryant Park but hey you have to keep the place safe. In the beginning I was by myself so I went into the Jerome Robbins room and I saw a lot of pictures, video, and books. As I was watching commentary about him I saw a few classmates like: Anthony, Usman, Farzan, and Tushing, walking up the stairs and I literary ran to catch up with them. We went on different floors to check out the place on the first floor i saw the information desk and computers that people were using and the Jerome Robbins room. In the back I saw different pictures of pictures of plays displayed on the wall. I can't believe that people still have VHS in the year 2008. I'm saying this because I saw different tapes of movies like shaft. On the second floor I saw books about movies, plays and television shows like Annie the musical and Saturday night live. Also, I saw DVD’s like six degrees of separation not the one with the actor Will Smith. There is another computer lab that I saw people using and photographs of dancers and there was on picture that was taken by Louis Greenfield of a Black woman doing a movement of dance. That blew my mind away why? Because I like seeing nice photographs of people, objects, and designs. On the third floor there are books on contemporary theatre, film and television from volume 2-81. I saw magazines like billboard and ne-yo an r@b artist was on the cover looking really nice. I saw another picture of the Mozart family in 1780 by Joseph Lacroix. It just reminds me of togetherness sometime I wish i have that but anyway on a lighter note I thought it was beautiful. These artists that draw pictures of people, and take pictures are very talented. I want to be in an industry like that so people can see my work just like everything else I have to handle criticism from other people and deal with competition. To finish of everything I liked it and the area it is around.

No comments: